Урок английского языка 11 класс к учебнику ВПКузовлева A High-Tech life What are pros a
Урок английского языка 11 класс к учебнику В.П.КузовлеваA High-Tech life. What are pros and cons?Цели: Познавательный аспект – знакомство с мнениями людей о высоких технологиях.Развивающий аспект – развитие способности к обобщению, развитие логичности и доказательности.Воспитательная цель — формирование уважительного отношения к мнению другого человека, потребности в высказывании своего собственного мнения.Учебный аспект – совершенствование речевых навыков.Сопутствующая задача – развитие умения вести диалог с обменом мнениями с использованием речевой функции agreeing/ disagreeing, уметь решать проблему, поставленную на уроке.Оборудование: компьютер, мультимедийное оборудование, карточки.
Методы обучения: наглядные; практические; частично-поисковые; методы стимулирования и мотивации учебно-познавательной деятельности.
Формы обучения: групповая; индивидуальная; коллективная.
Использование элементов педагогических технологий: здоровьесберегающие; информационно-коммуникативные; сотрудничества.
• I. The Beginning of the Lesson. Greeting the Class. Teacher’s Introduction to the Lesson. The Theme and the Aims of the Lesson.
• Good morning boys and girls. Glad to see you.
There are a great number of technological advances that make our life easier every day: computers, calculators, digital recorders, CD players, and all of the other gadgets that have become so commonplace. Without a doubt, many of these technological toys have become popular in your class and family. They can make our job and study easier, get us information faster, and keep us connected with friends and family. But through all of this, tell me,please , do all these gadgets have only good sides?
Pupils:Some people think that technology will save the world and make it better, some others think that technology will ruin the society because we are too dependent on electric and electronic gadgets and machines.
Lots of people think using them is harmful.
Well, you are right. What will we discuss today? Right, our theme for today is “Inventions. A High-Tech Life. Pros and Cons.” And what will we do today?
-I think we’ll revise some things we’ve learned before about modern technology.
-To my mind,we’ll listen to and read about arguments for and against some inventions.
-We will know different opinions about high- technological things, advantages and disadvantages of modern inventions and their role in the life of people.-We will give our own opinions, arguments for and against electric and electronic gadgets and machines.
So our purposes for today’s lesson are:1. To know different opinions about inventions, and their role in the life of people.2. To give your own opinions, arguments about electronic gadgets and machines.3. To discuss some statements: (Проблемные утверждения в течение урока высвечиваются при помощи мультимейдийного оборудования)1. We cannot live without modern inventions.2. The mankind can do without modern inventions.3. Everything should be in measure.Read these statements and translate them. We see that popular and necessary things have both positive and negative sides for people. From one side, they help, from another side, they harm. And at the end of the lesson we must make our decision for both sides.
II. Warming up. Speaking.
And now Find the difference. Look at the screen. You can see different words with the same root. Read them and said what part of speech they are:
1) to invent
B. Fill in the gaps using the words from part A. Change the words according to the text.
I.Kurchatov was one of the ….of a cyclotron.
A. Popov …the radio in 1895.
Russia is reach with … people.
… is a leading feature of people’s character.
M. Sklodowska-Curie from Poland got her popularity as an ….who played an important role in nuclear research.
Writing was … practically ten thousand years ago.
It’s useful to have a … book.
In 1926 J. Baird from Scotland … a TV set.
You have 5 minutes to make this task.
• Well, there are inventions which are extremely useful for us.
And there are pieces of technology we can live without. If you ask me TV,
a washing machine and a microwave oven seems the most important things
for me. And what about you?
МОНОЛОГИЧЕСКИЕ ВЫСКАЗЫВАНИЯ. Your home task was to prepare a short story about useful and useless inventions. Who will answer?
• What gadgets / things you have got in the home are useful for you?
• Which inventions you consider are useless?
• And what is your opinion? Do you think the same?
III. Writing. (Making Choice). You’ve got lists of inventions we use in everyday life on your desks. You may look in them.
• Now I want you to work in pairs. We’ll try to consider a short survey.
— Write three things that you can hardly live without.
— Write three things that you can sacrifice without too much regret.
• You are given two minutes.
• — Let us compare your list with the lists of your classmates.
• — Be ready to say which things were named most often in the
first and in the second categories.
What is the result of the survey?
• Who will announce it?
• We think that we can hardly live without a … .
• And we are sure we can sacrifice a … without too much reluctance.
ЗАРЯДКА. Computer can help us to do gymnastics for eyes. Look at the screen and follow the instruction.
IV. Reading / Listening /Taking Notes
( for specific information / for the main idea )
Оpen your book on p.240 Listen to some opinions about some pieces of
technology. And answer the questions. What pieces of technology could not people live without? Why are they important for these people?
• Do a short test and consider if the statements are
true or false? Work in your worksheet.( page 240 Ex.2 1) Listen to me and check yourselves.
• These are the keys: 1T 2T 3T 4T 5F 6T 7T 8T
9T 10T 11T
• 2) Cooperate in groups.
What arguments are given for and against the
computer, the car, the phone?
• Look through the text once again and fill in the
• Your time is five minutes. Complete the table.
1.It is a typewriter and address book.2. It is used for checking spelling.3. We can go the Internet.4. We can play games and learn5. We can do website
1. People are getting a bit too dependent on computers.2.We rely on them too much3. Computers replace seeing your friends
1.Cars can take you where you want and when you want2. We can travel freely and comfortably3. It is a way of self-expression4. It is a necessity rather than a luxury
1.People use them when they needn’t2.They pollute the environment and a cause of accidents
1. we can get touch with friends2. We can call the police or an ambulance3. It saves the time
1. It is too expensive2.Mobiles are dangerous for health3. The rays may cause headaches and dangerous diseases
5. Развитие монологической речи(Задание 4, страница 242) Teacher:Which arguments do you agree or disagree with?Учащиеся выражают свое отношение, к записанным фактам, используя конструкции согласия и несогласия.It is said that…I also think so.I don’t agree.On the one hand it is…, but on the other hand …10. Завершение работы. Выводы. Решение проблемы, поставленной на уроке.Teacher: Well, students. Let’s do the conclusion. Do you remember the purposes of our lesson? Look at the blackboard.You can see here some arguments. And they are approximately equal. What are your decisions according these statements?Учащиеся делают выводы:Technology- especially consumer electronics- are some of the greatest advances currently being made available to all members of Russia society. They can make our jobs easier, get us information faster, and keep us connected with friends and family. But through all of this, children, like adults, are not immune from the «gotta have it now» syndrome.
I would argue that although inventions have certain disadvantages people would not be able to survive without them. However, I believe that we should improve them to lower their harmful influence on people’s health.
I want to say that virtually every technology has its pros and cons. I believe we should not reject them for the bad effect they have. On the contrary, we must learn how to make the best use of them.
Giving the Hometask.
• Your hometask will be Ex.6 (in R)Ex.3 p. 243
12. Оценка работы учащихся на урокеI’m quite satisfied with your work at the lesson today. I’m pleased with your answers and work. Thank you for your participation. Thank you for today’s lesson. Your marks are:See you.
- Моя семья сочинение
- Сочинение про лису
- Зимние забавы сочинение
- Проект одежда 1 класс
- Проект моя семья